CECC to maintain Level 2 epidemic alert from September 7 to September 20; CECC urges public to continue following epidemic prevention and control measures to protect health of community
On September 6, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that considering that the pandemic in Taiwan has continued to subside with sporadic cases of domestic cases with unknown sources of infection, it will maintain the Level 2 epidemic alert, effective from September 7 to September 20, and will continue to implement or adjust related control measures. Details about related regulations and measures are listed below.
A. General principles (the following adjustments to the control measures for the transportation and travel industries will be implemented starting the announcement date set by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications):
1. Masks must be worn at all times when outside except when consuming food and beverages.
2. Contact information registration measures and social distancing must be implemented.
3. Crowd control or capacity limit management at commercial business venues and public venues: a distance of at least 1.5 meters per person (2.25 square meters per person) is required indoors and a distance of 1 meter per person (1 square meters per person) is required outdoors.
4. The limit on the number of people in gatherings: 80 people indoors and 300 people outdoors. An epidemic prevention and control plan is required if the number of people in a gathering exceeds the limit.
5. Dine-in service management: places with dine-in services shall follow the Ministry of Health and Welfare regulations.
6. Wedding banquets and public memorial services are allowed.
(1). Public memorial services shall abide by epidemic prevention and control regulations issued by the Ministry of Interior.
(2) Every partitioned-off area at a wedding banquet must abide by the epidemic prevention rule of 80 or fewer people indoors and 300 or fewer people outdoors; guests must follow guidelines on dining, and toasting each table is not allowed.
7. Swimming pools and indoor and outdoor sports grounds and stadiums: conditionally open shower facilities, cold and hot pools, spa pools, and children's splash pools.
8. Taiwan Railways Administration: the sale of all seat tickets for express trains resumes, while standing-only tickets are not sold.
9. Taiwan High Speed Rail: the sale of all seat tickets for trains resumes, and all seats are reassigned as reserved.
10. National scenic areas and the tourism and amusement industry: the limit on the capacity is increased to 80%.
11. The maximum number of passengers on a tour bus is limited to 80 percent of the approved number of seats; passengers must wear a mask at all times, and food and beverages consumption is prohibited on tour buses.
B. Venues that remain closed under the Level 2 epidemic alert:
1.Singing and dance venues, nightclubs, clubs, hostess bars, bars, KTVs, MTVs, beauty parlors (tourist parlors and audio-video parlors).
2. Arcades, video game arcades, Internet cafes, majiang clubs, and other similar venues.